Monday, June 2, 2014

I have a confession...


I’m a little bit...
Country.
I was raised
with 
a country western music lovin’ daddy
and
an Elvis lovin’ momma
As a child
I watched
Hee Haw
My first  
45s were:
Patsy Cline
Earl Scruggs                    
Loretta Lynn
Toe tappin’

country twang
is in
a tiny
corner
of
my soul
So,
when
my hairdresser,yoga mate,country western singin’ friend
Dan
asked me
 if
I’d like to meet
his country western singing guitar teacher
Ann 
I said,Of course!

Dan met Ann
when she
was playing
at                               

The Boot and Saddle
in Philadelphia.
It has been
a life long

friendship.

Ann Brown
started teaching music
when she was 12.
She’s played
The Grand Ole Opry
Ann has
the country western pedigree
of a lifetime.

With a voice
clear
and
country pure,
Ann still
tours
records
performs
She still has
spark
spunk
and
sass.
Our visit was
delightful.

You don’t have to
love country western music
To love Ann.

Next week
she will be
81 years young.
Happy Birthday,Ann Brown!
 
In this video,Ann is singing and playing guitar live- she uses a recording of the back up band when she plays at certain shows.Video quality is not the best but her yodeling won me over!


No comments:

Post a Comment