Thursday, January 7, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,ELVIS
gone but not forgotten

 

This photo
is from a book
“ELVIS
1956
Reflections”
by Morrie E. Kricun /Virginia M.Kricun

The photos
from this book
came from
the estate of
Ed Braslaff
Hollywood photographer/
someone’s uncle
in Philadelphia
 These
never before seen
Elvis negatives
were auctioned off
at Freeman’s Auction House


At that time
Freeman’s had
a weekly
basement sale
treasure hunt
The most remarkable things
could be found
buried
amongst
the junk.

I was a weekly
visitor
to the basement
And so
when the
never before seen
Elvis negatives
came up
for auction,
my basement buddy handed me a binder
(I had a reputation as an Elvis fan)
He said “Here, you might like to have a look at these.”

I sat
very quietly
and
very carefully
and
looked at
this
never before seen
Elvis.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment